Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Heart Table Runner




I made this table runner with leftover flannel fabric from another project. There is a layer of cotton batting (actually a bunch of leftover pieces that I laid out real nice) and also added a layer of insulated  batting so I could put a hot pot on it. The backing is a piece of pretty daisy fabric I bought last year because I just loved the colors. It measures 16”x40”

Best part about this piece is the binding. I cut 1 1/4” strips in two colors. One purple to match the heart side, one blue/green to match the backing. I stitched them together and made a piece of 2” bias binding strip. Had to iron the seam open and made double fold 1/2” two sided binding. Always wanted to do that. Can hardly tell when it’s laid out that the binding is two sided. 






4 comments:

  1. Neat Binding trick! Very clever. I love this dual sided runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the binding trick! So cool!!!! Great piece - thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two sided binding is genius! I will have to file that away for future use. Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on that double sided binding!! (I usually manage to make a bit of a mess when I try that technique.) A double sided "themed" runner was a smart choice, too!

    ReplyDelete