Wednesday, April 1, 2020

PQ Quarantine quilt

PQQ2020 Project quilting Quarantine Quilt





I saw a tutorial on how to use glue and scraps to “bind” your quilted wall hanging.  Her quilt was a swirly look and I wanted to do something similar. Kinda like this tyedyed shirt.


So in my frenzy of cozy sewing I took out the dart scraps and started layering them onto a backing with batting on top of it, directly onto the batting. 

Here’s my pile of darts I used. 


And here is part of my cozies I was making 


Added another layer and the swirl is coming to life. 


Ready for tulle






And quilted and binding on. Made in Tonawanda NY and measures about 16”x24”. 


3 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the "down and dirty" approach you used for this quilt!! The piece totally seems to depict the chaos that we are all living in. Great save on the fact that you were able to USE a bunch of scraps that many of us would have thrown away!

    ReplyDelete