Wednesday, January 4, 2023

2023 #1 PQ 14-1



 Number 1, number 1 child, 1st quilt of the new year. 


Decided to make my daughter a hot pad table runner using my scraps and donated items. I even made batting scraps into larger pieces I could use, and insulbrite pieces into larger ones I could use. 



I started with my scrap pile of Christmas fabrics since I still had all my decorations up because of our delayed snowstorm family celebrations. I just started sewing them together, trimming and adding more crazy quilt style. Then I stitched the Christmas fabric I made onto the batting fabric I made using decorative stitching between the different fabrics. 


Then I was gifted a few fat quarters that had a spring theme. I cut them into 4.5” strips 1” wider than my top piece for the backing. I stitched diagonally across the fabric with the insulbrite on the back. 

I then made my quilt sandwich and added binding. The ends I left a little wonky for character. 

Doesn’t fit my table with the leaves put away but it should fit hers. 

Took me about 8 hours to make between 3 days. 57” long by 13” wide. 



4 comments: