Sunday, March 12, 2023

PQ Conquer a Fear






 Ok, so I must say this one fit into the category perfect. And I was going to make one after I went on vacation, but I needed to work fast on this challenge since I only had a day to make my project.

The fear I have is snakes. And they live in the wood pile at camp. I’ve seen them, and they are real.

So onto the project, it is a wood carry bag for my grandsons to use when they come to camp with myself and my husband (aka Papa). 



It uses scraps and an old pair of jeans. So I got to use recycled materials. I also appliquéd the words Wood Bag (without wonder under) onto the denim before I sewed on the heavy fabric for the interior of the bag. After turning I added poly 1” strapping that wraps around the holder and forms handles at the ends. 



My project measures 11” wide by 26” long unfolded. The handles hang out about 2” from the edge. 



Thank you Kim and Trish for another wonderful season of Project Quilting. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great carry bag. May the snakes always move out of the way in the wood pile when you need to replenish from the outdoor stack!

    ReplyDelete